Saturday, January 16, 2010

Confidence

One of my partners in Creator's Edge noted this morning that we all had confidence issues, to which I promptly responded 'not me'. I knew better as soon as I said it, but it brings up an even larger question regarding the flaw in my personal design.

I haven't met many people like me, that just refuse to be second to anyone. If I can't be number one then I move on. Or so I thought. I have been pumping out more scripts and stories in the last six months than I can even count. With ten years behind me of refusal to write, and ten years prior to that refusing to let anyone see what I wrote, how can I be so frivolous now with my concepts?

Its not a confidence issue. It is simply that I finally found kindred spirits. I don't mind being told my thoughts aren't top sellers...because I can tell them the same with no fear of recrimination. Where other publishers in the past have had either ego or humility, we actually have both. the true foundation of success lies in the ability to not accept defeat, but to use it as a tool for further promotion.

You will see some amazing things out of Creator's Edge. This WE promise.

1 comment:

  1. BAMF so true. For years I cringed at showing anyone I didn't trust completely anything I'd written. Not so much these days ;)

    ReplyDelete