Thursday, December 17, 2009

A week off you say?




I have been challenged to address the upcoming 'week without comics' decision made by Diamond Comic Distributors. I should apparently be irate and ready to take a stand against the man for costing me revenue the last week of my fiscal year. How dare they cut off our only revenue source? How will my customers cope?

Nope.

How many independent business owners charged with the day-to-day operations of their business 365 days a year would complain when given an opportunity to take a break? I hope I am not alone. Truth be told, the week after Christmas never generates any significant sales anyway. Shipments are delayed, distributors and manufacturers are taking mental if not physical breaks. Customers frankly need the break too. I can't tell you how many customers I have breathing a sigh of relief that they can spend their hard earned cash on someone other than themselves for one week (ok only 5 confirmed but it is a valid point).

I have not taken two consecutive days off since I went into business for myself; and I am not one to complain, but I will be quick to praise the decision made by the industry to allow us retailers a much needed reprieve. Thank you Diamond, you won't hear that often from me :)

Merry Christmas to all, and to all...a couple days off!


No comments:

Post a Comment